ESPERANZA ROMERO - Courses
ESPERANZA ROMERO - Courses
Ceramic Courses in Granada, Andalusia
Esperanza offers a number of week-long courses given at her studio located in a traditional residential neighbourhood at the foot of the Alhambra woods in Granada, Andalucia.
Born in Melilla, raised in Malaga, as a seventeen year old she travelled to London. There she studied ceramics for a B.A at Camberwell School of Art (1977-81) and an M.A. at the Royal College of Art (1982-85). In 1988 she set up home and studio in Granada, Southern Spain, from where she continues to work and teach.
She has regular exhibitions of her work both at home and abroad...her last exhibition being held at the AIT Faculty in Vadodora, India, and her pieces are present in private collections and museums throughout the world.
For full information regarding Esperanza and her work go to her website at: http://esperanzaromero.com/
- One week course running from Sunday to Sunday, at various times of the year. Check listing at end of this site for the dates of courses.
- Maximum of 5 pupils on any one course.
- Suitable for beginners and/or experienced potters.
- Each person attending will receive individual attention, and the wishes/needs of each person will be carefully discussed before joining the course.
- The main areas which could be addressed are as follows.
- modelling (coiling/pinching/slabs)
- surface decoration - incision, spray-glazing, engobes, burnishing
- tile decoration (including the andalusian traditional "cuerda seca")
- decoration of tableware (supplied by us)
|Esperanza & Richard in patio outside the workshop|
- Sunday;arrival and evening reception dinner.
- Monday to Friday:
- Studio tuition/work with Esperanza: 9.30am-2.30pm.
- Lunch at local recommended restaurant, or in the self-catering flats where you are accomodated: 3pm - 4.30pm.
- “Informal” use of studio 5pm - 7pm.
- Friday night: setting the kiln to allow work to be available for participants for travel on Sunday. (Alternatively, work could be shipped later at participant’s expense)
- Saturday: Free day...possible visit to the Alhambra
- Sunday: return home of participants, (unless extra days have been previously booked in apartments).
- 180€ tuition fee non-refundable deposit.
- 480€ balance due 6 weeks before course start date.
- minimum group number of two people, maximum of six.
- Non payment would result in course reservation going to person on top of waiting list
- Payments made via Paypal or Bank Transfer.
- In the unlikely event of cancelation of the course by Esperanza....all money paid would of course be refunded to the payer.
|View from House|
|Entrance to Apartment B|
- As there are just two of them, obviously their use by members of the course is based on a "first come, first served" basis.
- We offer a special price for those attending the course of 350€ (50€/night for 7 nights) in these apartments
- Note that the apartments have double beds, and the price is for two people. In other words if you wanted to come with your partner NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE COURSE, his/her accomodation would be included in the price (350€).
- If our apartments are booked by the time you confirm a place on the course, we will have no problem finding accomodation for you close by. There are many hotels, cheaper priced hostals (pensiones), and self-catering apartments in the area, which we would be happy to recommend and organize for you.
Another option, and usually cheaper, is to fly in to Malaga airport, and take a coach from there to Granada (approx. 2 hours from Malaga coach station).
|View of Albayzin....3 minutes from house|